Are you thinking of doing a kitchen renovation this year? It’s a popular choice of home renovation because it brings added value to both your home and your current quality of living while you’re in the house. If you’re curious to know what the must-have kitchen features and conveniences are in today’s new kitchens, take a look at this Houzz article. They’ll help you choose the style, features, and trends that will give you the best return on your investment in a new kitchen!
Plan ahead and choose your updates carefully to maximize your enjoyment of your renewed space and get the best price possible when it comes time to put your home on the market.
“It” Kitchen Features
Houzz just identified the “it” kitchen features for the year.
So if a kitchen renovation is on your to-do list for 2017, take a look at the design trends Houzz from the “U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study (https://info.houzz.com/rs/804-JLJ-529/images/HouzzKitchenStudy2017.pdf),” released in January.
Among the findings:
- Durable floors and countertops are top picks among all age groups.
- Gray is the top pick as a wall color.
- Stainless steel appliances continue to dominate.
- Great rooms are popular and over half of kitchens open to nearby rooms.
- Spending is on the rise and nearly one in 10 homeowners spent more than $100,000 on a completed kitchen renovation in 2016. Twenty percent spent between $50,000 and $100,000.
- Custom cabinets are a top choice and 76 percent of survey respondents opt for built-in
- Organizers to maximize the use of space.
The Houzz data are broken down in all sorts of useful ways. For example, you can see the kitchen styles and features that are most popular, along with the importance that various demographic groups place on features and upgrades so you can gear a kitchen renovation to your target buyer.
Here are a couple charts from the survey.