- Less competition. Seller who have overpriced their homes during the spring and summer months are discouraged and have removed their homes from the market.
- Solid buyers. People are getting new jobs and relocating, summer vacations are over, and there is a ‘let’s-get-it-done’ mentality. Buyers are focused and serious about getting a new home.
- Cooler temperatures. The hot, sticky days of summer are receding into the past, and buyers are motivated to get into a home before the holidays.
Here are 5 tips for happy home sale this fall:
- Think like a buyer who is looking at your home. Buyers want a home that is move-in ready. Paint the peeling window trim, replace the mauve stained carpet in the family room, wash the windows, etc. Take a hard look at your home, figure out what is wrong… and fix it.
- List at a competitive price. Everyone wants top dollar for their home, and most think their home is worth more than the market price. Listen to your realtor, and don’t waste valuable time being overpriced- your home won’t sell.
- De-clutter and tastefully celebrate the season. Get rid of junk in the garage and stuffed items in the closet. Remove awkward large furniture and personal photos (that’s right; hire a storage space). Your home will sell faster with help from your realtor or a home stager. Add an autumn wreath on the front door, keep the leaves off the sidewalks and driveway, and put a pumpkin or two on the front steps.
- Keep it light and bright. Open the curtains and blinds; turn on the lights and lamps. Buyers like the feeling of open and airy, not dark and dismal.
- Turn on the charm. Have a fire going in the fireplace, drape a throw over a chair, leave a pitcher of lemonade with glasses on the counter. You want your home to be cozy and inviting.
Call Lorri Molnar to calculate your best home price and plan a fast sale. Her advice and experience will allow you to move on to your next home!