You can spend a good deal on the landscaping and painting of your home. Before spending large amounts of money, consult with your realtor on what is really necessary. Consider hiring a professional home stager to prepare the outside and inside of your home. Their expertise and advice can result in a quicker home sale at a higher price.
In the meantime, there are several things you can affordably do yourself to increase your curb appeal:
- Make sure your lawn and landscaping are neat and trim. A meticulously-kept yard gives buyers the impression you are just as fussy about your home.
- Power-wash your home. You have years of grime and dirt that has clung to the siding, windows, and roof.
- Spot-paint needed windowsills or trim.
- Paint your front door a new color such as black, red, or blue. Add shiny new hardware and a kick panel.
- Add a pop of color with flower pots on your front porch and flowers at the front of your landscaping.
- Create a new large plaque with tile or painted house numbers to put beside your front door.
For unique and affordable tips, visit this quick video to get your improved curb appeal going strong. Remember, the first impression a buyer sees is the look and feel of your exterior property. Happy selling!